An Interview with Orwell's Digitalized Soul - AI-Assisted Feedback
| "Big brother is watching you 7" by jeff Coulet |
Hello, hello! Coming to you today is our final assignment for this course. For this project, we were asked to use a chatbot from MagicSchool and simulate an interview with a POI of our choice. If you haven’t guessed it yet, I chose George Orwell for my assignment. I asked “him” a variety of questions related to truth, media, language, privacy, and several other important themes that are highly relevant today. Orwell’s ideas continue to resonate in our modern world, especially as we deal with misinformation, surveillance, and censorship in different forms.
You can access the report here.
You can also access the transcript here.
After completing the first draft of the assignment, I made use of the Writing Feedback tool available in MagicSchool. This tool provided helpful and detailed feedback on my writing, pointing out both strengths and areas for improvement. I found this feedback especially useful when editing my final version. One of the main advantages of using AI tools for feedback is their speed and efficiency. In just seconds, the tool was able to analyze my entire document and suggest specific ways to improve sentence structure, clarity, and coherence. It was also quite objective and provided examples that helped me understand how to revise my writing effectively.
I believe tools like this can be a powerful resource for both students and teachers. As a future English teacher, I definitely plan to integrate AI feedback tools into my teaching practice. In today’s fast-changing digital world, AI and digital literacy have become essential skills not only for students, but for teachers as well. Knowing how to use these tools effectively is part of being a modern teacher in the big '25.
However, I also recognize that there may be some potential drabacks. AI may overlook deeper meanings, emotional tone, or creative language use, since it tends to focus more on grammar and technical structure. So while it's a great support tool, it shouldn’t completely replace human feedback, especially when analyzing ideas and creativity in writing.
Comments
Post a Comment