Collaborative Writing
| Anonymous Super Art depicting the Liberty Day celebrations. Eagleopolis, October 26, 2184. |
This Super Blog entry has been approved by the Ministry of Truth.
After a long time, I've finally had the opportunity to work with my peers on an assignment. I'm so used to doing all the work by myself that this felt like a breath of fresh air indeed. Before I proceed, I'd like to thank Zhubanysh and Danagul for reaching out and helping with this assignment. Truly, nothing brings the collaborative soul of humankind out for display like Managed Democracy does. God bless Liberty!
For this week's assignment, we needed to do a movie review, and we chose to pick a movie from the Pre-First Galactic War Era Media Archives, The Dark Knight. An ancient movie made all the way back in 2008. Although the movie is quite good from a cinematic perspective, the hero, Batman, clearly lacks the strength and the courage to be free as any Democracy-loving free citizen of the Federation of Super Earth. They could use an actual hero.
Okay, getting serious now. This collab writing task was actually more entertaining than I thought it would be. Again, I'm used to doing all this by myself, so it's nice to do some things differently every now an then. We distributed the workload evenly, I did the part where I mention that Batman is NOT the good hero guy we all seem to think nowadays. If I was in charge, I'd see to it that the so called "hero" is sent to mines of Cyberstan for "re-education." As for the process of collab writing, we had a group chat to handle communication and coordination. But also, we used Google Docs, which means that our writing was kind of simultaneous and we could communicate by just typing in the document and deleting it later. It was a pleasure to complete with this assignment with peers, so to speak.
As mentioned, we used Google Docs for our collaborative writing. It has become a time-honored tradition now to use Google Docs only for such purposes. It's simple, versatile, easy to use for both beginner and experienced digital writers, and an overall basic good ol' reliable website to cook your story or assignment with. Are there any alternatives? Yes, there are, but you're not gonna ever use them unless you're some hippie that yaps about not liking popular stuff because they are popular. If that's the case for you, then you might as well quit trying to write something altogether and go smoke your pot in your '80s Wolkswagen van that has a peace symbol painted on it with cheap spray paint in a camping spot, or something.
Anyways that's all I have for today, have a very democratic evening, and Liberty be with you, civilian!

Comments
Post a Comment