It's joever, guys.
"Early Access Release!" by Kit09 Studio
Well, well, well... If it isn't the end of an era. A semester, actually. However, the end of this semester may also mark the end of my blogposting days. Our days are numbered, so to speak. And oh boy, what a semester it was. I gotta admit, I'm not the blogger or journal-keeper type. Why should I dump all my trauma and stress on a "paper", only to read them at a later time and re-live all of whatever this is.
This time, however, we have some specifications to meet in this blog post, so I can't afford to rant all day long. We have some course-mandated questions to answer, so let's get to them right away.
1. What are the strenghts and weaknesses of the course?
The strenght of this course is that it is contemporary and it discusses matters that's already become more relevant than any other course. I'm talking about the AI and VR/AR matters, of course. This course handles the matters of impending times. I have seen the future, and it's AI generated. The only weakness I can think of is that the course stands on VR/AR much more than necessary. I personally don't think VR/AR will be much relevant in the future compared to generative AI. It is simply the bigger issue at hand at the moment, and I think it will stay that way until we invent holodecks or something. The course is relevant, but it could be even more relevant to both today and the future.
2. What did you find easy or difficult about the course?
This course taught me that I could never be a graphic designer. I can handle Photoshop just fine but, Canva? Hell nah. I never thought that a website as simple as this could make me suffer like this. Either I'm so far behind I can't operate a simple designing website or the universe is out to get me. It seems like I'm the only one like this, too. The others didn't seem to have any trouble. As for the easy stuff, making the video was quite simple due to my previous experience gained from personal projects of mine. As long as I'm not designing stuff like posters, I can handle this course just fine.
3. What was your most and least favourite task? Explain your choices.
I think my answer to the second question applies here as well, so I won't yap here as much.
4. What would be your suggestion to improve it?
For material-design assignments, I think we could use more variety. In a nutshell, all we had were posters and videos for designing. I think we could have had podcasts, basic games made on the website "Scratch", quiz games, and interactive videos. I realize it's a bit unrealistic to expect all these from the students, but it would be great for their own development as pre-service teachers.
5. What would you tell to the students who would take this course next year?
Fellas, the year is 2024. Basic knowledge of MS Office programs are nowhere good enough nowadays. If you are serious about becoming a teacher, hone your digital skills on all fronts such as photoshopping, graphic designing, video editing and rendering, audio recording and designing. This course will make sure you are at least competent on all these fronts. At least it beats writing 4000-word research papers, right?
6. How would this course contribute to your professional development?
Just as mentioned above, this course basically forced my hand to improve my designing skills up to a competent level, and these digital media skills are very much needed nowadays. Regardless of my liking, this course made me a better designer, and I'm grateful for that.
And with all the questions done, I'd like to bid you farewell, my dear readers. I know these blogs are not going to be read by anyone besides my teacher and my friends. Even so, I appreciate the time you take to go through my writings. Even silently hovering your eyes over my words shows that you care more than anyone else I know, and I love you for that <3. I wish each and every one of you bon voyage, and best of luck for all of your future endeavours. I am never alone if I have you with me.
Signing off with love,

Comments
Post a Comment